M6T is looking for an Operations Manager to join their team in Johannesburg.
- Contribute to sustainable and maximized organizational results and performance through leading the operational delivery of the Air and Ocean Freight teams and growing the product line.
- Establish and develop a network with potential and existing customers or key accounts and increase revenue through the identification of opportunities for growing current client business to achieve sales targets and results.
- Coordinate and assist with the ongoing Air/Ocean Freight Projects.
- Manages, oversees, and performs supervisory tasks to direct and control activities performed to effectively manage the end-to-end freight processes.
- Serves as the escalation contact for customer’s shipments; responsible for the financial aspects and results; sets, communicates, and drives KPIs to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assumes responsibility for good working practices, safety, and security for customer shipments and staff.
- Review and manage month end reports, review P/L, open Accounts Payables Accounts Receivables; escalates carrier performance issues when required with the Senior Management.
- Minimum 8 years Air/Ocean Freight experience with 4 years as an Air/Ocean Operations Manager essential.
- FIATA Diploma/Logistics Diploma.
- Comprehensive knowledge of International Air/Ocean industry and Sales processes essential.
- Previous management experience is required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to include driving KPIs, employee engagement / team building. Strong ability to develop, coach, train, and mentor staff to success.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, and presentations).
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook).
- 4+ years of experience with Freight Forwarding experience required, strong preference for Ocean Export experience.
- 1+ years of supervisory / leadership experience strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Shipshape system is preferred.